Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Leatherman Blast Meets my Beloved Cybertool



I got a new multitool the other day and I could not be happier. I have always enjoyed carrying things such as a flashlight, a knife, a pen, and of course a small grouping of tools. The tools, the pen, and the knife have always been packed into one neat little package called a "Swiss Army Knife CyberTool 34". The 34 meaning it has a total of 34 tools in all, they also have a 24 tool and a 41 tool. I felt that the 34 was more then enough. This little tool has never let me down. I swear by it.
However, I have been wanting something a little bigger. A little more powerful. I was very glad to find this in the "Leatherman Blast". Now while the Blast only has 16 tools it does the 16 very well.
The Blast is a full size set of needle nose pliers with several other tools built into the handles. These tools include a knife, a pair of scissors, a small saw, a metal file, screwdrivers, can opener, wire strippers and a few other nice tools. Now the Cybertool has these as well. Only they are smaller. The Blast is very nice and sturdy feeling. I am enjoying ownership of it very much. I have only had it about two weeks, and I have not had a chance to dive into a lot of jobs with it. But, this summer when I am out on my motorcycle. The Leatherman Blast will be right there along for the ride. I will post another article about the Blast later this summer once I have had it for a bit longer.
I will say this, no matter who you go with, Leatherman, SOG, Swiss Army, Gerber, or anyone else. These small belt mounting tool boxes are beyond great. I encourage everyone to go out and get one.

No comments: