Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My New Kobo eReader

I will go into a better review this weekend regarding my new eReader. I will tell you that I really like the Kobo and I have been looking at these eReaders as a whole for over two years now. I have compared several units and I chose the Kobo for a few reasons
1. Open format using the ePub ebook format. This was very important to me as I wanted to be able to    download books from my local and school library.

2. I wanted an e-ink screen and I wanted a device that only did ereading. I have an iPad and it is just to distracting. I end up doing something else when I really needed to read or wanted to read. Sometimes less is more and that is a BIG statement coming from me.

Those are about the two main reasons. The Kobo is priced right at $99 dollars while also giving you WIFI and an SD slot for expansion. The cost really did not mean that much to me I just really liked the Kobo product. I have tried many and I feel I made the right choice for my needs and wants. Which is what one really needs to consider when set to purchase any item.

I will post some pics soon and will talk about the software and how I manage my device here soon.

No comments: