Monday, April 18, 2011

Cisco IPv6 for Enterprise Networks

Just received my second review from the great people over at Cisco Press. Cisco Press
You can also follow Cisco Press on Twitter Cisco Press on Twitter  and on Facebook Cisco Press Facebook I highly suggest following them as they always have something new to offer.
   So, back to the new book. The book is called IPv6 for Enterprise Networks.  I have been studying IPv6 off and on for some classes and I must say it is somewhat confusing. I am hoping that this book helps to bring everything together. I will probably end up writing a few short reviews about the book simply because I like doing it that way. But let me jump in ans tell you a little about the book.
 
The book is again called IPv6 for Enterprise Networks and is published by the great folks over at Cisco Press. ( ISBN -13: 978-1-58714-227-7 and ISBN -10: 1-58714-227-9) The book is written by a team authors composed of the following.


  • Shannon McFarland, CCIE
  • Muninder Sambi, CCIE
  • Nikhil Sharma, CCIE
  • Sanjay Hooda, CCIE


The book is your standard Cisco White and Deep Pine Green hardback as like most of the Cisco offerings. However this one is smaller in over all size. the book feels nice and light in hand. That is very important to me as like I have noted in the past that I have read some books that were just a bear to read and some of that had to do with the physical make up of the book. I think this is another reason why I like ebooks so much. This book is not to bad with it's size and dimensions.  I know a lot of people don't see why I am always commenting on the size of the books that I read. But, stop on by and grab a few of my "large and in charge" books and you will see why I think publishers should look at the physical make up of a book as well as content.
  The book comes in at 372 pages and also comes with the Safari Online Editions for I believe 45 days. The online is a very nice touch I have used it a few times with different books and it is great option at times.  I will read a few ore chapters then come back and write some more about the book. However, I will go ahead and comment on a few of the things that I like about this book along with other Cisco Press books.
  1. I like the diagrams. Cisco Press books all seem to have a ton of helpful pictures and diagrams. 
  2. I like that the books appear to be getting smaller in size and some are offered in paper back.
  3. I like that you get the 45 days of free Safari Online Check out Safari
  4. Even though computers are very dry in reading. I know that when I read something from Cisco it was written for a reason. I can trust the product. I can trust that I should be able to take something from the pages and apply them what ever the reason was  that I purchased the book.




Here is a link to the book on Cisco Press's website IPv6 for Enterprise Networks
I personally would go for the best value and get the ebook along with the hard back for less then twenty dollars more.

Well, I will close this review for now. I have been a little swamped as of lately and have not been able to read as fast as I normally like to. I will polish off a few more chapters here soon and then come back with a second installment of this review.

No comments: