Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cisco Press Book Review ---Very Excited!!!!

It was a great day for me yesterday. I received a book in the mail from Cisco Press.
The book is titled PKI Uncovered : Certificate-Based Security Solutions for Next-Generation Networks.
ISBN-13: 1-58705-916-2     ISBN-10: 1-58705-916-9  Available here at Cisco Press.
The book is written by the following team of writers,
Andre Karamanian, CCIE
Srinivas Tenneti, CCIE
Francois Dessart, CCIE

I have read the preface and the first chapter so I can not say to much about the book at this time. However, I would like to comment on a few of the things I have noticed about the book so far that I believe I will like.

1. The book is small and friendly in appearance. I have several Computer field books that give the appearance of a long, slow and hard to read book. You know what I am talking about. You have all seen those books that are hard-covered, 700+ pages, full size and you know that you have to read the whole thing. It is just very intimidating. Another reason why I think I like my e reader.

2. The book appears to have short chapters. I am not sure why I am a fan of this I just am. It is probably due to my statements above in comment #1.

3. Free online access for 45 days through Safari Books Online. I will say I wish an e reader copy for say 30 days also came along. But, the book and the 45 days for free online will do just fine.

I am hoping to blog a bit about the book maybe every three chapters?!?! I am not sure yet.

Stay tuned for more.

No comments: